The ICAO approved Establishment of an Aerodrome Manual Standard Training Package (STP) provides a clear understanding of the requirements and practical application of the processes any respective Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) will require to approve an Aerodrome Manual (AM).
The course focuses on the processes that aerodrome operators (as recognized applicants) and their respective CAA approving bodies must follow to prepare, implement, and maintain an AM.
According to ICAO’s 2009 USOAP results, 44% of the world’s airports, which should be certiﬁed, are currently not so and a further decline in this key performance indicator is expected over time.
This course is designed primarily to meet the needs of CAA managers, inspectors, and assessors who are involved in the Aerodrome Manual approval process as well as representatives of aerodrome operators/air navigation service providers who are responsible for the development and maintenance of the Aerodrome Manual.
Beneﬁts to Airport Operators
This course will provide an understanding of the importance of the AM and its key relationship with Aerodrome Certiﬁcation, namely, how the AM:
- Underpins all operational activities of signiﬁcance on the aerodrome
- Links to the mandated Safety Management System (SMS)
- Provides a solid base for ongoing safety assurance
- Enables the aerodrome operator to more easily obtain operational stakeholder buy-in
- Creates a practical base for implementing real-time performance measures that can be monitored on an ongoing basis